Multiple maps of the same area for displaying different water parameters

Jump to solution
04-07-2021 05:03 AM
fred7
by
New Contributor III

In ArcGis Pro is it possible to create multiple maps with the same basemap but different data points?
I have some measurement data (x,y, coordinates + one parameter like temeprature, salinity, oxygen, chlorophyll). I would like to make maps next to each other for an article.

For example:
https://media.springernature.com/lw685/springer-static/image/art%3A10.1186%2Fs13021-018-0108-2/Media... 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes, definitely!

In the Catalog pane/panel, you can right-click a map to copy it, then paste it back into the Maps folder of your project. Or you can use the Insert tab of the main ribbon or right-click on Maps in the Catalog and add a new map item. (See relevant docs)

On a Layout item, all you need to do is create separate Map Frame elements and point each frame at a different map in your project. There are settings in the map frames to have them sync with each other in terms of size / scale so that your maps have a nice uniformity to them. (See relevant docs)

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes, definitely!

In the Catalog pane/panel, you can right-click a map to copy it, then paste it back into the Maps folder of your project. Or you can use the Insert tab of the main ribbon or right-click on Maps in the Catalog and add a new map item. (See relevant docs)

On a Layout item, all you need to do is create separate Map Frame elements and point each frame at a different map in your project. There are settings in the map frames to have them sync with each other in terms of size / scale so that your maps have a nice uniformity to them. (See relevant docs)

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
fred7
by
New Contributor III

Thank you! I made one map frame and then copied it three times to get all maps the same size. From the properties of each frame changed the map source. Now I have to figure out how to align the frames precisely.

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Check out adding Guides to your layout.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/layouts/page-setup.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_25C1826B87A14E5F8...

Also, using the Align / Distribute tools can get even spacing between the items as well.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
fred7
by
New Contributor III

Got it, thank you for the help!

0 Kudos