Select to view content in your preferred language

Moving specific labels to another position

Jump to solution
11-19-2022 10:26 AM
nik_geo
New Contributor III

In ArcGIS Pro v3, I have 3 point layers and their labels positioned in the top right corner. I want to move 3 of them in the top left position (see the attached image). Those labels were created by clicking the Labeling tab (red arrow in the attached image). The name Tehran, I want to move it to top left corner of my point symbol, how can I do that? 

In the Labeling tab (image attached), I can specify the position of the labels but it's like a global command (all labels will be moved). How should I proceed? I also tried with the SQL query but again, it changes all the labels.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BarryNorthey
Occasional Contributor III

Individual labels cannot be selected since they are dynamically placed by the labeling engine and are likely to change position with a change in map scale, etc. You can convert labels to annotation or to graphics and then select specific "labels" (they are no longer labels) for repositioning, resizing, etc.

BarryNorthey_0-1668965242565.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BarryNorthey

Individual labels cannot be selected since they are dynamically placed by the labeling engine and are likely to change position with a change in map scale, etc. You can convert labels to annotation or to graphics and then select specific "labels" (they are no longer labels) for repositioning, resizing, etc.

BarryNorthey_0-1668965242565.png

0 Kudos
MicZatorsky_AEC

Try a label subclass

This will allow you to label some records in the same layer differently. It keeps things rule-based and avoids having to create an annotation class.   

0 Kudos