Select to view content in your preferred language

Model Builder Issue with Raster to Polygon

Jump to solution
04-11-2024 12:25 PM
GeoRenewable
Emerging Contributor

Hi all, 

I've created a model in model builder that converts a DEM into a vector slope polygon, but in running my model I've gotten two errors at the Raster to Polygon part. I've double checked the characters in the inputs and outputs and there are no spaces or invalid characters. Additionally, the input and output locations are valid. Any idea what could give these errors? Thanks in advance! 

ERROR 000622: Failed to execute (RasterToPolygon). Parameters are not valid.
ERROR 000354: The name contains invalid characters
Failed to execute (Raster to Polygon). 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

your shapefile should be going to a folder as well.  it appears to be going to a gdb, drop the *.shp if you want it to go to the output gdb or alter the path to the output folder

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Raster to Polygon (Conversion)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

A valid integer raster is required and the error about invalid characters may disagree with your conclusion.

Output as a featureclass to a file geodatabase is best.  If you are in doubt, post the destination and source filenames so people can check.  Things like filename length, path length etc may come into play depending on the type of output you specified.

... sort of retired...
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Do you have a screen grab of the GP tool that we can visualize to assist with troubleshooting?  Here is a breakdown of each error message:

000622: Failed to execute (<value>). Parameters are not valid.—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation
000354: The name contains invalid characters.—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

GeoRenewable
Emerging Contributor

GeoRenewable_0-1712931859806.png

Might be hard to see but it takes the input parameters of the workspaces, "Output Folder" and "Output GDB" and then right before Raster to Polygon Tool I have it converting it to an integer raster to create an integer raster for the format. 

The Output Folder Path is: 

U:\ProjectData\State\ProjectName\ProjectFiles\USGS

The Output GDB path is: 

U:\ProjectData\State\ProjectName\Databases\Site_Project_SDE.gdb

GeoRenewable_1-1712932333545.png

0 Kudos
RobertCao
Esri Contributor

Hi @GeoRenewable ,

If you run the standalone Raster to Polygon gp tool directly, do you get the same error? 

GeoRenewable
Emerging Contributor

Hi @RobertCao , 

If I run it in standalone, I do not receive the error and the geoprocessing tool works. Seems to only be an issue with the way the model is running it. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

your shapefile should be going to a folder as well.  it appears to be going to a gdb, drop the *.shp if you want it to go to the output gdb or alter the path to the output folder

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
GeoRenewable
Emerging Contributor

@DanPatterson - thank you, that was it! I dropped the ".shp" because it's going to the file GDB 

0 Kudos