Select to view content in your preferred language

Model Builder Calculate Field with each value selected from the Select by Location tool

Jump to solution
07-19-2023 03:48 PM
MikeRodriguez
Occasional Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 3.1.2

I have a polyline that intersects two polygons and I want to calculate the field of the line with the two polygon values(District 23 & District 21) that are selected. Before reaching out for help, I wanted to research this issue myself. 

I am currently using Model Builder because I need to do this function for a lot more roads in my polyline feature class.  

The model below works when I want to calculate the field with a single value that selected but not when there are multiple..

Thank you

-Mike

Model Builder - Calculate Field w Values_.JPGModel Builder - Calculate Field_Select By Location.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Using the join merge option in spatial join will do that.  This post describes it pretty well.  It is for ArcMap, but Pro has the same options, and spatial join can be included in a model as well.

R_

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Using the join merge option in spatial join will do that.  This post describes it pretty well.  It is for ArcMap, but Pro has the same options, and spatial join can be included in a model as well.

R_

0 Kudos
MikeRodriguez
Occasional Contributor

Thank you! It worked out perfectly. 

0 Kudos