Select to view content in your preferred language

Mobile GDB spatial database view — Can't open attribute table directly using 'Open Table' in Catalog

Jump to solution
04-13-2023 08:11 AM
Bud
by
Esteemed Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 3.1.1

When I create a mobile GDB spatial database view, I can't seem to open the attribute table directly using 'Open Table' in the Catalog pane.

Steps:

1. Create a spatial database view in a mobile geodatabase (view has a geometry column).
  2. In Catalog, right-click the view and click 'Open Table'.
  3. Error: Failed to open table.
    Bud_1-1681397872696.png

I don't have that problem when using 'Open Table' in Catalog on a feature class. Nor do I have that problem with non-spatial tables or non-spatial views. I only have the problem with spatial views.

Video:
Bud_0-1681398568951.gif

Is that a bug?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bud
by
Esteemed Contributor

Support has confirmed it's a bug:

Esri Case 03314538 - Mobile GDB spatial database view — Can't open attribute table directly using "Open Table" in Catalog
BUG-000157475: Cannot open table from the Catalog pane for a spatial view found in a mobile geodatabase.

I also determined there is a workaround of sorts:

1. Create the spatial view. Get error when we try to 'Open Table' in Catalog.
  2. Replace the view using the Create Database View tool (use the same view name to replace the view - https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/clarify-the-docs-create-database-view-can-be-used/idi...). But this time, make the view a non-spatial view by removing the geometry column from the view.
  3. Replace the view again. But this time, make it a spatial view (just like it was originally).
  4. Now, 'Open Table' in Catalog works as expected.

In other words: spatial view —> non-spatial view —> spatial view fixes the view.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Bud
by
Esteemed Contributor

Support has confirmed it's a bug:

Esri Case 03314538 - Mobile GDB spatial database view — Can't open attribute table directly using "Open Table" in Catalog
BUG-000157475: Cannot open table from the Catalog pane for a spatial view found in a mobile geodatabase.

I also determined there is a workaround of sorts:

1. Create the spatial view. Get error when we try to 'Open Table' in Catalog.
  2. Replace the view using the Create Database View tool (use the same view name to replace the view - https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/clarify-the-docs-create-database-view-can-be-used/idi...). But this time, make the view a non-spatial view by removing the geometry column from the view.
  3. Replace the view again. But this time, make it a spatial view (just like it was originally).
  4. Now, 'Open Table' in Catalog works as expected.

In other words: spatial view —> non-spatial view —> spatial view fixes the view.