Missing textures from OBJ models

02-10-2022 07:29 AM
AbdelrahmanElkhatib
New Contributor

I have a 3D building that I need to import into a local scene. The problem is that every time I import the model, the texture is missing. I checked the MTL file and made sure that all names are matching, and that the texture and model are both located in the same folder. But it still didnt help. Has anyone experienced something similar? Do you have any workarounds? 

FYI, the model is done in 3Ds Max, and exported into .OBJ format. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

were you using this for the import

Import 3D Files (3D Analyst)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
AbdelrahmanElkhatib
New Contributor

Yes, importing following those steps. But same thing is happening.

0 Kudos
Leonvan_der_Meulen1
New Contributor II

what do you mean by "... sort of retired..." ? Is there an alternative tool we'd better use?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

that is my signature, and current state

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
DustinHawks
New Contributor

Did you find a solution to your question? I am having the same issue. I'm exporting 3D models from Blender in both DAE and OBJ. Importing to ArcGIS from the method above results in no textures.

0 Kudos
anbinh
by
New Contributor III

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone is still having this issue. For me as of today, I still have this issue of missing texture or material after importing OBJ or FBX into ArcGIS Pro. Having tried few rounds, GLB format would work fine for me. 

If anyone is still having this issue, can try getting your 3D model in GLB format with its texture applied. Using GLB in ArcGIS Pro will keep its texture. 

0 Kudos