Missing parameters for map series exportToPDF method

Jump to solution
04-21-2021 08:19 AM
JeffThomasILM
Occasional Contributor II

I'm trying to export selected pages from a map series (by manually selecting/highlighting them in the Contents pane, or using a SQL query on the index layer) to PDF using Python. The MapSeries Documentation mentions parameters {page_range_type}, {page_range_string}, and {multiple_files} that sound like exactly what I need, but the code examples on that same page don't utilize those parameters. They instead use loops, which would be unnecessary if the above parameters actually worked(?). When using the interactive Python window in Pro, the code completion also does not utilize them. Attempting to use them just throws an error. Am I missing the proper context for these parameters? Are they not implemented (yet)? Please advise. Thanks!

Edit: sorry, I was using the wrong terminology. It is parameters for the exportToPDF method that are missing. I changed all use of the word method to parameter.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
JeffThomasILM
Occasional Contributor II

Ah! MS vs. Layout also explains why the code complete wasn't working. You were of course right about removing the single quotes from the field name. I thought they were required if using a file GDB, but apparently not. A lot of trial and error went into formatting the SQL statement properly for Python, and that was what I finally arrived at that didn't create an error. However, it also didn't create a selection! Thanks again!

0 Kudos
JeffBarrette
Esri Regular Contributor

Yeah, you had me scratching my head on the missing parameters. 🙂  Again, its a great idea to build the query in the Definition Query dialog and look at the SQL string.  Good luck moving forward.

Jeff