Missing or not supported data error message but data exist

Jump to solution
02-01-2024 07:36 AM
Labels (3)
Anne-MarieDubois
New Contributor III

Hello everyone,

I'm experiencing a troubling issue. I'm currently working with ArcGIS Pro 3.2.1 (patch installed). I have a gdb with 1 linear feature class and 2 polygonal features classes. I can add all data to a project and visualize it and make selections. I can also safely use tools to perform different transformations, as long as I point the loaded data in the map in entry. 

However, when I try to perform anything from the catalog or load the data in a model builder, ArcGIS displays error messages saying that data is either missing or not supported (see below for French version of the error message). 

AnneMarieDubois_0-1706801739737.png

Here's what I tried so far:

1) Redownloading data once and even twice - no luck

2) Downloading a different gdb (data is distributed through an index) - no luck either

3) Checking if it worked with another pro version - 3.1.0 worked fine

4) Checking if it worked on another computer... which,  to my greatest annoyance, it actually did 😫

I'm left totally dumbfounded with all this. So I appeal to you ESRI community in the hope that you might have an answer for me.

Kind regards,

Anne-Marie

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

your path is strange

...\Hydro_LIDAR_07AG.gdb\Hydro_LIDAR_07AG.gdb...

I suspect that you don't actually have that gdb within itself.

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Anne-MarieDubois
New Contributor III

@DanPatterson 

I was coming along to answer to my own post. I think you sent some waves my way cause this is exactly what I've just figured out!! It turns out when I unzipped my gdb, the folder it is stored in takes the same name as the gdb PLUS the extension (which is totally stupid)

AnneMarieDubois_0-1706807001028.png

I just corrected the folder name and it works all fine. Fiouuu

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

your path is strange

...\Hydro_LIDAR_07AG.gdb\Hydro_LIDAR_07AG.gdb...

I suspect that you don't actually have that gdb within itself.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Anne-MarieDubois
New Contributor III

@DanPatterson 

I was coming along to answer to my own post. I think you sent some waves my way cause this is exactly what I've just figured out!! It turns out when I unzipped my gdb, the folder it is stored in takes the same name as the gdb PLUS the extension (which is totally stupid)

AnneMarieDubois_0-1706807001028.png

I just corrected the folder name and it works all fine. Fiouuu