I try to export a vector layer to KML with Pro 2.7, so that I can see my configured Pop-ups in Google Earth. But this doesn't work. After running the tool "Layer To KML" Google Earth still shows my (visible) attributes but not the confgured pop-up. Further more, a popup for the layer does show the label I entered under contents (and in the layer properties) what is ok, but it also shows the name of the datasource (a shapefile) - I don't want that. I tried Map To KML with the same result. At last, one of my fields has the alias "KMLSnippet" which I hoped to see in Google Earth, but it has also no effect.
Is there something I am missing?
Google Earth can open shapefiles. You might have better luck with that approach. There is a limit to the number of polygons though. You can then save the layer from Google Earth as a KML file.
did you customize the popups?
apparently there are a number of steps that need to be taken to get to the "what you see is what you get" stage
Hello Dan, thank you for your respond! Yes, I think, I did ;). I changed the entries in the "Configure Pop-ups" for the Layer and in Pro I get what I intended to show. But it is not exported into the kmx-File, it's still the "standard" attribute list.
I know the "Layer To KML" tool was updated in Pro 2.7 and that has unfortunately resulted in other issues like the “FolderPath” feature being bugged:
Hi Thomas, thank you for your hint. My problem occured with 2.6.3 and I upgraded to 2.7. I hoped that possible bug could be fixed, also because they worked on the KML part and added the Map To KML tool. Unfortunately, this wasn't the case.
I'm running 2.9, I'm getting the same issues, I tried the same fixes you did but I still get the default pop ups, even disabling the popups doesnt do anything. I tried to go back to arcmap to customize the popups to see if i could do it that way but I forget how to do it in arcmap. just wondering if anyone has any new ideas on this
I was running into the same problem where my KML file was giving the value of "no name" for each of my layer's records in the Google Earth Table of Contents.
I tried 1) Properties > Display > Display Field and 2) Configure Popups with no luck.
I then tried setting my Labeling Properties and turning on my labels. THIS WORKED! Yahoo. I now have the field that I included in my labeling properties showing up in the TOC in GE.