Layer To KML

01-02-2021 08:29 AM
Labels (2)
Andreas
New Contributor III

Hi,

I try to export a vector layer to KML with Pro 2.7, so that I can see my configured Pop-ups in Google Earth. But this doesn't work. After running the tool "Layer To KML" Google Earth still shows my (visible) attributes but not the confgured pop-up. Further more, a popup for the layer does show the label I entered under contents (and in the layer properties) what is ok, but it also shows the name of the datasource (a shapefile) - I don't want that. I tried Map To KML with the same result. At last, one of my fields has the alias "KMLSnippet" which I hoped to see in Google Earth, but it has also no effect.

Is there something I am missing?

12 Replies
KWilliams
New Contributor III

This work around worked for me!! I needed to change the symbology display name in TOC rather than it being the default ID field. Configure pop-ups was not working, but updating the label properties did work. Under label properties > Field I selected the field to display, hit Label to label them, then clicked Label again to disable the label. THEN when I generated the KML layer my display name finally updated to what I needed. 

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
LarsArneson
New Contributor III

I was able to have some success at changing the labels of my exported KMZ by using the expression builder under the "Display" tab in the layer properties. I don't think this is a full solution but it is what I needed in order for the ToC in GE to show the attributes I needed! KMZ_display.jpg

0 Kudos
JMcCoy
by
New Contributor II

I use Arcgis Pro 3.2. I tested several things and then tested the opposite of: simply saving the project after updating the display settings in the layer's properties, changing the display field to one attribute and then another and then re-exporting, over-writing an already existing KML when exporting, re-setting the KML conversion tool in the geoprocessing window, converting a single layer to KML vs several layers at a time- all to no avail. I just kept converting the layer to KML repeatedly after trying something until finally the layer displayed the attribute in the GE table of contents... Has to be a bug...

JMcCoy_0-1706807873154.png

0 Kudos