Select to view content in your preferred language

Migrate/Join BLOB data from attachment to new

04-13-2022 05:52 AM
Labels (2)
JessicaJThompson
Occasional Contributor II

Good Morning, ( using ArcGIS Pro2.9.2)

I am working with Survey123 Data that was originally a hosted feature service in an ArcGIS Online organizational account. A replica was created, & downloaded so it is no longer hosted. Data management and analysis is being done in ArcGIS pro, with the goal to republish the data in a local server and Portal for use in maps and dashboards.

This data has a polygon feature class with attachments, and a related table with attachments. The attachments are photos stored as BLOBs

The issue->

Due to a series of data processing, the REL_GLOBALID in the attachments for the photos (stored as BLOBs) of a related table changed. Though maybe not the best way, I was hoping to rectify the data in the attachments table and then join (join field) the BLOB data based on the attachment name. However, the join field does not allow you to select the DATA field in the join field tool. It is the only one that cannot be joined.

Any help with this (even if you tell me an entirely different way to go about it), would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Jessica

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello Jessica,

I would suggest removing the old attachment table in the current polygon feature class and then add a new attachment table and related table then append the old attachments and related table records into the new.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
JessicaJThompson
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Amanda,

Thank you. Yes, this is what I did for the feature class which I was able to preserve GlobalIDs for. I was hoping to do but the global IDs have changed in the related table (no way to select preserve globalID when exporting a table...unless I missed something). I am trying see if I can rectify the rel_globalID in the table then append to the new. 

I have tried a few things. Either pro gives me a notification there is a bug, crashes, or no output in the table. I am still testing things. 

Still curious why blob files cannot be joined.... what is the limitation there?

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Jessica,

When you downloaded the hosted feature layer to convert it, where did you store it?  Did you put it in a stand alone shapefile or a file geodatabase?  Not sure if the attachments and BLOBs will come over with the download.  I would make sure you try to keep all this in tact.  Shouldn't be a reason for you to recreate the wheel.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos