Merging rasters

Jump to solution
11-05-2021 06:18 AM
TeodoraCristea
New Contributor

Hi,

for a project I am working on I have two rasters: one with a 0,5 m resolution (in the area of interest) and one with a 10 m resolution (in the surrounding area). The amount of data would be too high for my purposes, if I resample the 10 m Raster to match the 5 m one. Is it possible to merge the two without having to alter the resolution of any of the rasters?

Kind regards,

Teodora

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

No.  Raster resolutions need to be the same, whether you do it manually or whether it is done behind the scenes where you have no control over all the necessary parameters to perform such operations.

Your options would include limiting your study area or coming up with a compromise resolution.

For example, aggregating your finer-resolution raster and resampling your coarser-resolution raster to say 1m, 2m 5m cell size.  This of coarse has its own issues

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

No.  Raster resolutions need to be the same, whether you do it manually or whether it is done behind the scenes where you have no control over all the necessary parameters to perform such operations.

Your options would include limiting your study area or coming up with a compromise resolution.

For example, aggregating your finer-resolution raster and resampling your coarser-resolution raster to say 1m, 2m 5m cell size.  This of coarse has its own issues

... sort of retired...
PrimaliWeerasinghe1
New Contributor II
Hi

You can resample higher resolution to lower resolution but I am not sure
whether you can vice versa. Another point is after resampling you already
change your resolutions into one resolution. I would like to know the
correct answer for this.
0 Kudos