Select to view content in your preferred language

Model Builder - Multiple Feature Classes into an Input

11-03-2021 09:48 PM
M_9999
by
Emerging Contributor

Hi, I am new to model builder so please bear with me. I have a feature dataset within my geodatabase containing numerous feature classes. Each feature class is a separate point. I would like to input all of these features into a batch visibility tool in model builder. However, I may not always have the same number of feature classes in that feature dataset, and the process takes place later in my model after numerous other tools so I cannot set it as a parameter. I need the batch visibility tool to dynamically take all of the feature classes from that dataset and use them as an input. 

Thanks in advance. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello @M_9999 

What platform? ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro?

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
M_9999
by
Emerging Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.8

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Good Morning @M_9999 

In ArcGIS Pro you can choose any geoprocessing tool you want to run on these features and right-click it and choose batch.  This will allow you to run the tool in batch mode.  See this thread I found on gis stack exchange:

https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/367194/running-tool-over-group-of-layers-using-arcgis-pro 

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
M_9999
by
Emerging Contributor

I brought a batch visibility tool into model builder through geoprocessing history. However, the batch visibility is still only picking up one of the output feature classes from the previous tool. I am now starting to think that I'll need to write a python script and bring it in as a tool. I have also tried incorporating an iterator but its iterating through my entire model, not just the one tool, creating an infinite number of outputs. 

0 Kudos