Map series enabled, page query not working

11-18-2020 10:24 AM
Labels (1)
RandyMcGregor1
New Contributor III

The is undoubtedly user error, but I am stuck. I have a bookmark map series set in my layout. The each page is named by state name. I set a page query on a layer with state name values, and it is being completely ignored. I've tried other tables as well and they don't seem to have any connection to the map series pages at all.

RandyMcGregor1_0-1605723561472.png

RandyMcGregor1_1-1605723727164.png

Is there a "turn on page query" button or something?

Thank you,

Randy McGregor

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RandyMcGregor1
New Contributor III

Ooookay, page query apparently does not work with bookmark map series. Works with a spatial map series.

Ugh.

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Randy, 

That is correct - page query does not work with bookmark map series since the bookmark does not currently have data that can be queried against. Perhaps in the future bookmark information such as title and description, or a new attribute(?) can be queried against.

Tom

RandyMcGregor1
New Contributor III

Thank you,

All you need is the name of the bookmark as the value to use to filter. It could probably be done with arcpy. I'll look into it.

Thanks for your reply.

Randy

RyanMurphy1
New Contributor II

Randy any updates on this?  Frustrating that page query does not work with bookmark map series!

NSamu
by
New Contributor III

I tried matching bookmark names to values used for the page query but this didn't work for me. @RandyMcGregor1, if you get it to work, I'd also be interested to know how.

RachaelClaire
New Contributor II

Yep, not working over here. Would really be great if you could get this working for us. Thanks!

0 Kudos
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello,

As you have noticed, page queries are not currently supported for bookmark map series in ArcGIS Pro. It sounds like several of you are interested in this functionality, which is awesome. I recommend adding an Idea for this as well so that people can upvote it and share their use cases. Our development teams at Esri monitor the Ideas site closely and implement many ideas with each new release of Pro. 

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos