Select to view content in your preferred language

Map Series 2 panels Display Issues

Jump to solution
07-20-2023 10:32 AM
DineshShrestha2
Emerging Contributor

For a map series in ArcGIS pro, I have two panels: top and bottom. Initially it was set to 1:24000 resolution, used 24k strip index and everything looked good. Now I changed my strip index from 24k to 10k and changed the map display to 1:10000 from 1:24000. While doing so, map displays changed--the top panel looks good but bottom panel is zoomed out way too much. Is there anyway to solve this?

I have added the maps below: 

DineshShrestha2_1-1689874302721.png

DineshShrestha2_0-1689871086113.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JuliaOlson
Esri Contributor

Hi Dinesh, 

I don't think this is an issue concerning the map series. Based on your screenshots -- thanks for including them by the way -- it looks like the bottom map frame (panel) is pointing to a map that has a reference scale and it looks like the features (vector layer) in the map are honoring this reference scale. To double check this simply open the map (you can right-click the map frame in question and choose Open) and zoom in and out of the map. If you see the symbols and text change size then reference scale is the likely reason.  

If this is the case you can remove the reference scale. Here's some extra documentation on map reference scales if that helps!

Map reference scales—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Hope this helps,

Julia

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MarcelSt-Germain
Frequent Contributor

Sorry but map series is not for making maps, sorry ESRI.

Mapseries is only to show multiple map view for a layout not multiples maps in one layout.  Look at my multiple post on that subject.

Ask for this feature for decades but, doesn't see the day where we can productively works in map making.

It wasn't working until v 3x but the way to put more than one map in a layout is, like in arcmap, activate mapseries for one map and manually fix the extend for the other one and keep that extend in bookmark.

Like I said many times, it's not a mapseries just a layout series.  ESRI doesn't, understand cartographers need for a real mapseries where each maps can have is series.

0 Kudos
JuliaOlson
Esri Contributor

Hi Dinesh, 

I don't think this is an issue concerning the map series. Based on your screenshots -- thanks for including them by the way -- it looks like the bottom map frame (panel) is pointing to a map that has a reference scale and it looks like the features (vector layer) in the map are honoring this reference scale. To double check this simply open the map (you can right-click the map frame in question and choose Open) and zoom in and out of the map. If you see the symbols and text change size then reference scale is the likely reason.  

If this is the case you can remove the reference scale. Here's some extra documentation on map reference scales if that helps!

Map reference scales—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Hope this helps,

Julia

DineshShrestha2
Emerging Contributor

And that was helpful--thank you so much! 

0 Kudos