Select to view content in your preferred language

Map does not display in Layout - ArcGIS Pro 3

08-24-2022 09:45 AM
SujanDS
New Contributor II

Map frame is blank in layout. The data is visible in the map view but when I add the map frame to the layout, I see a white box only. 

20 Replies
ECC_Maps
New Contributor

Was there ever any solution to this problem? I have this exact bug since I just updated to ArcGIS Pro 3, where the map displays in a layout as blank if there are any layers with layers blends activated. Set them to normal, map reappears.  It's repeatable across projects. I can export the map, blank frame and it will be in the exported file, but I cannot see for working on map while in layout, which severely complicates production.

JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

We have discovered a negative interaction between map frame clipping and blend modes, which we are working on resolving at present.  Can you confirm whether your map has any Layer clipping enabled?  This would be in the map properties under Clip Layers.  

If you do have clipping, and you disable it, does the map frame then draw?

0 Kudos
bergmanncolin
New Contributor

@JeremyWright Was there ever a fix for this? I just updated to ArcGIS Pro 3 and am experiencing the same issue. As soon as I turn layer blending on everything in the map frame disappears.

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 3.1 release resolves these issues with blend modes

0 Kudos
NIck_WGNHS
New Contributor II

@JeremyWright , I have been encountering the same issues with blend layers preventing the map frame from displaying in the layout.  I can confirm that I am using clipping with the map frame.

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

All, there is a fix forthcoming for this in the next release of ArcGIS Pro.

CRose
by
New Contributor III

I am using both Blend Modes and Clip to Outline in my project. My Map Frames in Layouts all appear empty when viewing in Pro they do export to PDF and print ok though. I hope there will be a fix soon. 

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

The resolution for this issue will be in the next release of ArcGIS Pro (3.1)

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

UPDATE: ArcGIS Pro 3.1 (out now) resolves this issue.

0 Kudos
Md_AsifHasan
New Contributor

Hi,

I have updated to the latest version of ArcGIS Pro (3.1 version, June, 2023), but still facing this problem