Select to view content in your preferred language

Export Failed: ArcGIS Pro 3.0

Jump to solution
07-20-2022 01:39 PM
HannahSchaefer1
New Contributor II

Hi there - I've been experiencing an issue with exporting a layout in ArcGIS Pro 3.0. I'm trying to export an extremely standard, basic map with no legend, no scale bars, just a simple basemap with a single point layer to JPEG. I've looked through other posts and have attempted the following, to no avail:

1. Changed custom layout to standard 8.5 x 11 (this is an issue - I almost always use custom layouts and if this is a limitation, I hope it gets resolved ASAP)

2. I have full permission to write to the folder 

3. Created a new layout from scratch (since the original project was created in v 2.9)

4. Tried exporting to PDF which did get resolved by following the advice mentioned above, however, the graphics of the basemap were blurred and pixelated, even at 300 DPI and the standard compression quality.

5. Removed the display filter - there is no extent set on the layer or the map. 

Any tips would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HannahSchaefer1
New Contributor II

Thank you for following up Aubri and for troubleshooting - I had my colleague test out the JPEG export from his machine and it worked just fine. The only thing we could come up with is that he had installed the most recent .NET Desktop Runtime (version 6.0.7) so I did the update to my machine and it worked. In case anyone else runs into this issue, wanted to share our steps that seemed to have resolved the problem. 

View solution in original post

13 Replies
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

That's not good. I can't reproduce on 3.0 with any of my projects, I get jpeg exports just fine.  Can you export to other formats like PNG or PDF? For something like this I recommend going to technical support, they can troubleshoot what is happening and report any bugs to the development team to fix. You can reach them here: https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos
HannahSchaefer1
New Contributor II

Thank you for following up Aubri and for troubleshooting - I had my colleague test out the JPEG export from his machine and it worked just fine. The only thing we could come up with is that he had installed the most recent .NET Desktop Runtime (version 6.0.7) so I did the update to my machine and it worked. In case anyone else runs into this issue, wanted to share our steps that seemed to have resolved the problem. 

PeteJordan
Occasional Contributor III

Weird, I'm on 3.0 and can export to PDF just fine, but not Jpg.  I'm on .NET Framework 4.8 currently and still running into the (export failed) for jpgs for simple maps as well.  I don't want to update to 4.8.1 as the 4.8 version is still the recommended version and it's not that easy I don't think to downgrade once a newer version is installed.

As for Microsoft .NET Desktop, I'm already on 6.0.9 which is the latest version.

I did however notice this new change (https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000027942)
which states you need to chose manually now in 3.0 the Color Depth and that was my issue.  Just in case others missed this little change, this was my issue with exporting to JPG...

PFL
by
New Contributor II

This fixed it for me! The export fail has been driving me crazy all week ever since I updated to 3.0. I've been sending screenshots of maps instead of full exports. Thank you!

0 Kudos
ShakilaRathnayake
New Contributor

This worked for me as well. Thank you !

0 Kudos
JoelLogan
New Contributor II

I was having this issue. When I enabled Color Management it started working for me again for both PDF and JPEGs.

JoelLogan_0-1679519760451.png

Joel Logan

AugustFroehlich
New Contributor II

I just had this same export problem today and turning on the Color Management fixed the problem.

JonathanLee
New Contributor III

I encountered the same issue. Exporting layout to PDF failed repeatedly. Enabled Color Management in Options and I was able to export successfully.

I'm using Pro v. 3.1.0.

JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Jonathan, please update to 3.1.2 to take advantage of the latest bug fixes - I do recall there were a few related to export failures.