Map does not display in Layout - ArcGIS Pro 3

08-24-2022 09:45 AM
SujanDS
New Contributor II

Map frame is blank in layout. The data is visible in the map view but when I add the map frame to the layout, I see a white box only. 

20 Replies
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor
  • Make sure that you actually have connected your map frame to a map:
    JohannesLindner_0-1661421019235.png

• The map frame's extent is independent of the map's extent. So maybe your map frame just shows an empty part of your map. Activate the map frame to interact normally with the map, try to zoom to a layer:
    JohannesLindner_1-1661421112702.png

Have a great day!
Johannes
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Sujan, 

I see service layer credits text appearing in the bottom left corner of the map frame. This tells me you have a service layer in your map. It is possible that the service layer has scale dependencies set and will not draw at certain scales. You might want to change the map scale of the map frame to test this. You can do this by either activating the map frame and using the mouse to zoom in/out, or you can change the scale by using the scale control at the bottom left of the layout view window.

Clearing your cache may also help.

If the problems persists can you contact Esri Support? They are better equipped to handle troubleshooting steps and gather bug data. They can be contacted at https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support.

Hope this helps.

Tom

0 Kudos
SujanDS
New Contributor II

Thanks guys for your responses. Tried them all and I think I figured out what the problem was. I had a few layers with Layer Blends on my map. Resetting those to normal made the map visible in layout.

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

As far as I know layer blending should display in the map frame as it does in the map view. Sounds like there is a bug.  

0 Kudos
mohammedSh
New Contributor

Dear Sujan, 
I've faced the same problem, how I can reset the blended layers to normal?
thanks

0 Kudos
SujanDS
New Contributor II

It does seem like a bug. I'm having this issue across multiple ArcGIS Pro projects and the maps are visible once I turn the layers with layer blends off.

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

@SujanDS please package your project and send it to support with a description of the bug so we can resolve it in a future release.

0 Kudos
SujanDS
New Contributor II

Hi @JeremyWright , how do you want me to share the map package with you? Could you please share an email address with me?

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

I just DM'd you my email so you can ping me and I can create an ad-hoc FTP transfer account so you can send your Project Package.

0 Kudos