Map Display - Constrained Strip Map Index Feature

03-04-2022 06:44 AM
szhan165
New Contributor II

Hi all, 

I created a strip map series in my layout. All the index features, map frames were working fine. I am not sure if I clicked a wrong button but now my Map (as well as the Layout) is only showing content within the first index feature. I can turn layers on and off and it still works, just constrained by the index feature.

szhan165_0-1646404981755.png

Much appreciate any help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

It looks like you accidentally checked on Clip to Index feature in the map series properties. Unchecking it should fix the problem.

AubriKinghorn_0-1646416459048.png

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos
szhan165
New Contributor II

Hi Aubri, 

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I noticed if I turn off that option, the MAP display could go back to normal. But I do want to the map frame on the the LAYOUT to be clipped to the index feature. I did that before and it was fine. That's why I can't figure out what is happening here. How is this setting in "Layout Properties" effecting the Map itself? 

0 Kudos
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

So this setting is connected to clipping in the map. If you open the map properties and look at the Clip Layers page you'll notice that clipping is set. We provide the option on the map series page so the map series can provide dynamic clipping, but it is actually a map clipping option. Does that make sense?

AubriKinghorn_0-1646421541370.png

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos