Add Folder in Catalog pane starts, but crashes ArcGIS Pro while loading.

02-28-2022 10:45 AM
RalphAnhold1
New Contributor II

New install of ArcGIS Pro, Windows 11.  Start project with blank template.  Want to add existing folder, so in Catalog pane/folders, I right-click, select AddFolder.  UI pane starts, but update stops and Error reporting tool pops up.  No recovery.  It 'appears' that I can't use existing data.

Hints on how to fix?

0 Kudos
20 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello Ralph,

To troubleshoot, do the following:

Click on this link:  https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/get-started/arcgis-pro-system-requirements.htm 

Choose your version of ArcGIS Pro.

Then click on the link right after the opening paragraph that says "Check your computer's ability to run ArcGIS Pro 2.x"

This will give you an indication if you have all the right components installed on your PC.  If it turns out that you do, you may want to repair ArcGIS Pro by reinstalling it and choosing "Repair" during the installation process.

Hope this helps.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
RalphAnhold1
New Contributor II

Thanks Amanda!

Followed your recommendation.  Computer's quals checked out OK.  Ran repair install.  Still didn't work.  I then tried another operation.  As soon as file dialog opened, ArcGIS crashed.  That gave me another clue, but I dont know enough to diagnose.

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hmmmm.... what else did you try and what dialog appears?

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
RalphAnhold1
New Contributor II
I opened a geoprocessing tool, and attempted to define an input filename. As soon as the dialog came up, bang. Pro halted, the error reporting tool came up, and I used Windows Task manager to kill the stalled process.
0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

What type of file is it?  Where is it stored?

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
RalphAnhold1
New Contributor II

Actually doesn't matter, the dialog crashed things before I could select.  It would have been an old shapefile.  But I couldn't even start navigating in the dialog.

-r

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

What version of ArcGIS Pro?

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
RalphAnhold1
New Contributor II

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Have you removed all old version of desktop from your machine?

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos