Many-to-many relationship for roads

11-17-2021 11:59 AM
jagarolik603
New Contributor

Hello, I have a simple student's license and I am trying to work on a project where roads in a town are cataloged. I have compiled all of these roads in a polyline feature layer. I now need to classify these roads into multiple different tables, and be able to graphically represent them on a map. The different tables would include:

Routes (the various names of the road segments, sometimes there are many for the same road); Reconstruction Projects (cataloging the scheduled road work on roads, including attributes about the type of work, budget, status, etc); and Grants (cataloging a few different state and federal grant applications onto the map for specific roads.

I am specifically trying to have it so that all the roads are preserved because if I have to edit features on the map, I only want to have to do it once and have that change be in all of the data - I don't want to recreate the same edits 4x every single time a change has to be made!

Could anybody help me with this? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jagarolik603
New Contributor

Just checking - did I post this in the right place?

0 Kudos
MicZatorsky_AEC
Occasional Contributor III

You did.   It may be quiet because the question isn't clear, to me anyway. 

Are you asking how to set up relationship classes? Or how to create routes and use linear referencing and dynamic segmentation  - which allows you to view multiple classes on a route without changing the underlying geometry?

0 Kudos