Losing my ground elevation when sharing as a 3D Web Scene.

Jump to solution
10-05-2022 07:22 PM
Labels (1)
MillionMap
New Contributor III

When I share a Scene created in ArcPro as a Web Scene, my ground goes flat.  My ground displays correctly in ArcPro and there aren't any warnings when I share.  I've tried several things and I can't get this 'custom' ground to display properly in the shared Web Scene.  The default 'WorldElevation3D/Terrain3D' does just fine, its elevations display correct when shared.  But this new ground won't.  What could my problem be?

scene_comparison.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
MillionMap
New Contributor III

That would be it then.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

From your screenshot it appears you only have the Ground elevation surface not a custom elevation surface so in this case it should work. Are you able to share a map package of this data so I can take a look?

thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
VineetMenon
New Contributor II

@MillionMap , how did you solve this? I'm facing exactly the same problem. As @Andrew--Johnson said, your elevation seems to be ground elevation, and not custom elevation.

0 Kudos
MillionMap
New Contributor III

My problem was admin privileges at the time.  I wasn't allowed to host a tile package on AGOL.  Once that was changed, the steps at the following links allowed me to publish my custom surface.  You've probably seen these links before but it was the steps I took. 

Steps to create a map tile package:  https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/sharing/overview/tile-package.htm#GUID-853C5B89-8C83-4...

Steps to publish a tile package:  https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/manage-data/publish-elevation-layers.htm

0 Kudos
VineetMenon
New Contributor II

@MillionMap, I see.. What do you think I might be doing wrong? I have an enterprise server where I'm publishing the map, and I'm the administrator.

0 Kudos