Select to view content in your preferred language

Locators not included in Project Template (.aptx)

yesterday
Labels (1)
GIS_Weasel
New Contributor III

We are deploying Arc Pro internally, and initially without an Enterprise or Online connection. We may use AD integration later on.

We'll be using concurrent licensing on a local licence manager.

I am unable to provide users with a project template that includes a Locator, in spite of having one saved and shared publicly on ArcGIS Online. Neither .aptx files nor even ppkx project packages retain Locator configuration.

The solutions given in this previous question are not operable as I don't want to force our users to log into a portal. Why isn't the Locator configuration persisted in the .aptx template file? It's supposed to be a template after all!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I don't use them, nor are they on the excluded file extension list, but it appears that it is supposed to be a separate step using

Package Locator (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
GIS_Weasel
New Contributor III

I'm not sure that's relevant, unfortunately. We share locators online and haven't ever had cause to create a .gcpk - but that seems to be targeted at creating a portable (file-based) locator.

I just need to pre-package a project with a reference to an existing web locator, which doesn't seem possible with the current toolset.

0 Kudos