Lines not drawing in pro scene

Jump to solution
07-31-2017 05:20 AM
Oliver_Burdekin
Occasional Contributor II

I'm using contour feature classes (z enabled layers) in ArcGIS Pro to create a 3D scene. However, when I bring the feature classes into ArcGIS Pro not all of the features draw. In ArcMap there is no such problem. Here's the lines in ArcMap:

And the same feature class in a Pro Scene:

I have tried saving my ArcMap feature class as a layer file and applying that symbology to the feature class in Pro. No luck. The missing lines are parts of the same features (same heights) and I'm not sure what would be causing this. Removing the layer and brining it back in does not help and the error is consistent.

Interestingly if I add the feature class as a 2D layer in in Pro they reappear. I'm thinking this could be something to do with base height or similar but I've turned off the basemap and cannot see the lines.

If I apply a "cartographic offset" they come back. However I don't have "ground" DEM in this scene. I just want to use the lines themselves and their z values.

UPDATE

It would appear I am using a "ground" DEM as is the default when starting a scene. I went to the scene properties and changes the ground exaggeration from 1.0 to 0.99 and I can now see everything. Next up... let's see how these render in AGOL.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oliver_Burdekin

It would appear I am using a "ground" DEM as is the default when starting a scene. I went to the scene properties and changes the ground exaggeration from 1.0 to 0.99 and I can now see everything. Next up... let's see how these render in AGOL.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You could add the Update portion as a reply in this thread, and mark that reply as "Correct Answer".

https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-2159 

Think Location
Oliver_Burdekin