Line Label at Start ONLY

Jump to solution
08-05-2022 11:25 AM
TylerT
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I have created a label class where I need one and only one label near the start of the line. 

TylerT_0-1659723834380.png

The aprx map displays the label correctly.  However, I have two layout map frames...the left map frame is zoomed into start of the line and the right map frame is zoomed into the end of the line miles away.  Both map frames are displaying the a label even though the right map frame can only see the end of the line miles away from the start of the line.  Any ideas how to suppress the right map frame (end of line) label? 

Thank you,

Tyler 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

I think this is the scenario where you need to convert your labeling into annotations and then you have full control over placement.

I don't believe (I might be wrong) you can stop the label from moving along the line as you pan/zoom to different portions of the line.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

I think this is the scenario where you need to convert your labeling into annotations and then you have full control over placement.

I don't believe (I might be wrong) you can stop the label from moving along the line as you pan/zoom to different portions of the line.

TylerT
by
Occasional Contributor III

I believe you are correct.  Instead of annotations my workaround will be two maps, one with labels, one without.  Each map frame will hold the appropriate map.

Thx.

Tyler

0 Kudos