Lidar Workflow

Jump to solution
07-08-2016 06:32 AM
TirrellBrown
New Contributor II

Hello

I am attempting to bring in my own lidar data through arcgis pro, and I am trying to get advice on the workflow for taking the LAS files and turning them into DSM and DTM files. Any help would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

This is the location for the Pro help files

Create a LAS dataset—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop

more ..

Make LAS Dataset Layer—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS for Desktop

" A LAS dataset layer can be used as a staging ground for subsequent analysis. For example, a digital elevation model (DEM) can be easily created from lidar by filtering for class code 2, which represents ground measurements then passing the resulting layer into the LAS Dataset To Raster tool."

ugh...editing on an iPad can be a challenge.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tirrell,

You have a few options.  Check out the following help document:

Creating raster DEMs and DSMs from large lidar point collections—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

This is the location for the Pro help files

Create a LAS dataset—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop

more ..

Make LAS Dataset Layer—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS for Desktop

" A LAS dataset layer can be used as a staging ground for subsequent analysis. For example, a digital elevation model (DEM) can be easily created from lidar by filtering for class code 2, which represents ground measurements then passing the resulting layer into the LAS Dataset To Raster tool."

ugh...editing on an iPad can be a challenge.

TirrellBrown
New Contributor II

Hey guys thanks for the assist. I actually got a bit of help with taking my Lidar data and splitting it into a DSM and DTM for future use.

0 Kudos