License Manager for ArcMap and ArcPro

Jump to solution
04-17-2018 11:51 AM
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

If I convert the Named Users for ArcGIS Pro to concurrent use licenses, would I be using the same License Manager (LM) for both ArcMap and ArcPro?

If this is the case would I have access to Pro 2.1.2 if my current LM is set at 10.5.1?  I ask because when I create Address Locators in Pro 2.1.2 it says they are version 10.6 locators which makes me think that LM 10.5.1 is not compatible with Pro 2.1.2.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RichardKachelriess
Occasional Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.1.X requires the ArcGIS License Manager 10.6. However, you can use LM 10.6 to manage 10.5.1 licenses of ArcMap.

Here is the system requirement for ArcGIS Pro that talks about LM requirements: ArcGIS Pro 2.1 system requirements—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Here is the list of software and versions supported by ArcGIS License Manager 10.6: Supported software products—License Manager Guide | ArcGIS Desktop 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RichardKachelriess
Occasional Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.1.X requires the ArcGIS License Manager 10.6. However, you can use LM 10.6 to manage 10.5.1 licenses of ArcMap.

Here is the system requirement for ArcGIS Pro that talks about LM requirements: ArcGIS Pro 2.1 system requirements—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Here is the list of software and versions supported by ArcGIS License Manager 10.6: Supported software products—License Manager Guide | ArcGIS Desktop 

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

That's what I was hoping for as I would upgrade my license manager to access the latest version of Pro with concurrent use licenses but still have all production ArcMap users still using v10.5.1 for some time.

0 Kudos
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Some additional information.  

The ArcGIS License Server Administrator can host can host multiple Esri application licenses including ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, Engine, City Engine, etc.  So there is no need to run multiple license managers unless in a fail-over configuration.

Also, licenses are backward compatible.  ArcMap 10.6 licenses will work for all previous 10.x versions.  ArcGIS Pro 2.1 licenses will work for all previous versions.  This way, you can have clients with different versions of ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro point to the same license manager.