Select to view content in your preferred language

Legend item does not respect the definition query of the layer

Jump to solution
04-26-2023 06:11 AM
Labels (2)
KarolDuarte
New Contributor II

Hi, everyone,

I have found an issue with setting the legend items the way I need.

I have a layer with an active defenition query, however, when I set this layer as a legend item and uncheck the "only features shown in map extent" option, the legend item show all the avaliable classes in my layer, instead of those that I have set inside the definition query.

The definition query per se works just fine, I can only see those classes I have selected in my map extent.

I need this to be done as a definition query.

As a workaround, I used an idea I found in another post to transform the full legend into a graphics object and deleting the unnecessary items, but I can definitely see it not working the way I want it in some other types of maps that I need to produce.

Is there another way to work this out?

I'm using ArcGIS PRO 3.1.0 on a Windows.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

legend item don't show all availiable classes in your layer, rather show all the symbol classes you have set up in symbology.

If you remove the filtered out classes from the symbology, they will not show in the legend.

R_

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

legend item don't show all availiable classes in your layer, rather show all the symbol classes you have set up in symbology.

If you remove the filtered out classes from the symbology, they will not show in the legend.

R_