Layout with Table

02-01-2022 05:43 AM
PSGeo1
by
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have FC that has several distinct dots per location, with the following attributes:

City: ()

Type of industry.

Date

I want to do a layout that shows the counting of features grouped by countries - on a table or even on a graph.
I would like to try to do it also for city and another by type of industry and even maybe show some evolution using the date. Is it possible to do this in arcgis pro? or I need to do it excel and than import it into the layout in arcgis pro?

kind regards

Pedro

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DanLee
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

You can try FREQUENCY tool on Country. The output table will include a Count (frequency) per country.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/tool-reference/analysis/frequency.htm

You can also make a bar chart on Country.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/analysis/geoprocessing/charts/bar-chart.htm

PSGeo1
by
New Contributor III

Hi,

just tested. it is a solution that doesn't meet completely my need. It does everything like I asked, the problem is that I should have mentioned that this is a centralized database SDE and with diverse inputs from different users. Therefore, for any new update, I will need to run the "Frequency" toolbox to have the table summarizing the count per country.

I would like that the table would be connected and could be refreshed every time there is an update.

is this possible?

cheers

Pedro

0 Kudos
DanLee
Esri Regular Contributor
PSGeo1
by
New Contributor III

Hi will test it. It could be a enough, I need to do some testing with it.

cheers

Pedro

0 Kudos
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

Have you tried using table dynamic text on the layout? It pulls data directly from the table and adds it as text to the layout. When the data updates the text does too. It also supports queries so you can write different queries to only show certain data. There are options for statistics as well. Learn more here: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/layouts/add-dynamic-text.htm#GUID-890A21B3-C174-48EF-A...

Cheers,
Aubri
PSGeo1
by
New Contributor III

In arcmap I used dynamic text for coordinates and dates mainly.  But, arcgis pro i am still on the steep learning curve. 🙂 So I had no idea that you could do this. I made a small test with "count", it gave me the total of my table, would be nice give totals based on a field. I suppose for that I would need to do some advance sorting in arcade.

I will keep testing it.

thanks

Pedro

0 Kudos
PSGeo1
by
New Contributor III

Hi,

I tried the Bar chart... what a disappointing process.

I add it to the layout view... it took me some time to figure this out. 

I have 60 locations one per "bar" , makes my chart to extend through all the landscaped  layout, to be possible to read all the name of locations. But I have no idea how to remove the space out of the margins. would be very useful.

cheers

Pedro

0 Kudos
DanLee
Esri Regular Contributor

Regarding the small test with "count", could you share a sample data and describe how you processed (tools, parameters, etc.) so we can investigate? You can also log the problem with Esri Customer Care.

About the bar chart, when you have that many unique values (locations), the bar chart would not have good clarity if displayed in a tight space.  Perhaps you can create multiple, smaller, more manageable bar charts with selections, say based on continents or some regions/partitions. That way you may end up creating 5 bar charts, each has 10, 15 or so bars.

0 Kudos