Layout View When Printing to PDF creates white artifacts around Polygons

Jump to solution
09-16-2021 11:22 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

I'm new to the website and just started working. I have ArcGIS Pro 2.8.3 an Advance License, and I'm having issues with layout view, when printing to pdf, creating white artifacts around my shapefile book17 polygon features. But when in Map view it doesn't have these artifacts. My other shapefiles books do not have this issue but it seems to be related to this specific book17. I know that it's only related to this specifc shapefile as I turn off and on the layer within the map and reprinting as a PDF doesn't show the white artifacts. Is there something I'm missing? Inputs would be appreciated, Thank you! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Could be an issue with the shapefile.  A few things to try - run the Repair Geometry GP tool to see if there are any issues with it.  Next, make a copy of the shapefile using the Feature Class to Feature Class GP tool and see if that helps - either as a new shapefile or a feature class in a File Geodatabase.  What is the result?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kah7_uagis
New Contributor II

Have you checked the topology of your polygons? I have worked with field polygons in the past and ran into a lot of topology errors. I wonder if it could be causing your problem.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for the response, but unfortunately the book shapefiles have no topological rules and I haven't created any topology rules for the feature datasets. 

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Could be an issue with the shapefile.  A few things to try - run the Repair Geometry GP tool to see if there are any issues with it.  Next, make a copy of the shapefile using the Feature Class to Feature Class GP tool and see if that helps - either as a new shapefile or a feature class in a File Geodatabase.  What is the result?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for the response! I was able to get rid of the white artifacts with repair geometry.