Layout Line and Polygon Objects carried over from MXDs or Previous created pro projects do not show up in exported PDF

Jump to solution
12-17-2020 11:20 AM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I upgraded to 2.7 yesterday. I exported a bunch of PDFs after the 2.7 upgrade. Those PDFs did not have any of my layout polygons or lines in them. Seems as though 2.7 doesn't "like" the layout graphics created in and MXD or a previous project. When we copy and paste those features to replace the old ones, or create new ones they export just fine. 

This is a work around but it seems like a headache i should not have to endure each time i open a Pro project with 2.7. Can anyone provide some insight for me on this?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Casey, 

I'm not aware of this issue and in my testing I am able to import MXDs containing graphic lines and polygons into ArcGIS Pro 2.7, export to PDF and see the lines and polygons appear in the PDF. There may be something specific to your data/workflow that is a key factor in the bug you are seeing.

Can you contact Esri Support? They are better equipped to handle troubleshooting steps and gather bug data. They can be contacted at https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support.

Thanks,

Tom

Update 12/23:

I believe the issues reported on this thread are the same as those reported at https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/exported-map-missing-lines-version-pro-v2-7/td-p/...

There has been a bug logged with Esri support - BUG-000136364

This is a high priority item that we are currently investigating. 

Tom

View solution in original post

TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Everyone, 

We have addressed this issue - BUG-000136364 - and the fix should be available with ArcGIS Pro 2.7.1. We're confident that the fix addresses the scenarios outlined in this thread and provided by those who contacted Support. But just incase, if you have installed this patch and are still seeing issues with graphics being dropped from the output please contact Support

Thanks to all who participated in this thread. It means a lot to hear from all of you - the good and the bad.

Tom

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

That's not good at all. Line and rectangle graphics from an imported MXD are showing up in my PDF export, could you possibly share your export settings? This is what I was using:

AubriKinghorn_0-1608238138445.pngAubriKinghorn_1-1608238159525.png

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The difference in my export settings were ...

Image Compression: Adaptive

DPI: 300

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have since uninstalled 2.7 and am working on 2.6 because of my workload

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Casey, 

I'm not aware of this issue and in my testing I am able to import MXDs containing graphic lines and polygons into ArcGIS Pro 2.7, export to PDF and see the lines and polygons appear in the PDF. There may be something specific to your data/workflow that is a key factor in the bug you are seeing.

Can you contact Esri Support? They are better equipped to handle troubleshooting steps and gather bug data. They can be contacted at https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support.

Thanks,

Tom

Update 12/23:

I believe the issues reported on this thread are the same as those reported at https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/exported-map-missing-lines-version-pro-v2-7/td-p/...

There has been a bug logged with Esri support - BUG-000136364

Tom

Tim_Ultee
New Contributor III

I've been experiencing this same issue since updating to 2.7 a couple weeks ago. Most of my layout templates were from ArcMap at some point, though they've been in Pro for some time.
I had it happen when copy/pasting a layout within Pro, where the graphic lines & polygons don't display. Copy/pasting the graphics themselves from the old layout resolved the issue. I also copy/pasted a different layout and those graphics came through alright, so I'm not sure the root cause.
Just today I have a layout where the graphics display fine in Pro, yet when I export or print to PDF they disappear. In the layered PDF, these graphics are just missing. When I copy/paste this layout, the graphics don't display and show like this in the contents pane:

TimUltee1_0-1608751668056.png

This also happens for Rectangle/Polygon Text boxes originally created in ArcMap, though not Straight Text. Rectangle Text boxes I created a couple weeks ago in Pro are displaying/exporting correctly.

TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Tim, 

I believe the issue you seeing is the same as those reported at https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/exported-map-missing-lines-version-pro-v2-7/td-p/...

There has been a bug logged with Esri support - BUG-000136364

Tom

TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Everyone, 

We have addressed this issue - BUG-000136364 - and the fix should be available with ArcGIS Pro 2.7.1. We're confident that the fix addresses the scenarios outlined in this thread and provided by those who contacted Support. But just incase, if you have installed this patch and are still seeing issues with graphics being dropped from the output please contact Support

Thanks to all who participated in this thread. It means a lot to hear from all of you - the good and the bad.

Tom

0 Kudos