Layout legend items

Jump to solution
02-09-2021 09:05 PM
Cerly-MarkoJärvela
New Contributor II

The map I am using is a wms with hundreds of layers. Is there a way to check/uncheck all legend items or organize them in a proper manner? So far the only way seems to uncheck the unnecessary legend items one by one : )

ArcGISPro_legend items.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LindsayRaabe_FPCWA
Occasional Contributor III

To check/uncheck all at once, hold down the Ctrl button when checking/unchecking a layer. If you have a selection, it will do it for all selected. If you don't, it will do it for all layers. As for organising them in a proper manner, you may need to change the legend setting "Layer order" (select Legend in Table of Contents and open Properties, and turn on/off Layer order). If Layer order is off, you should then be able to drag layers up and down in the Legend list to order them as you like. 

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA_0-1612935126979.png

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA_1-1612935141882.png

I hope that helps. 

Lindsay Raabe
GIS Officer
Forest Products Commission WA

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LindsayRaabe_FPCWA
Occasional Contributor III

To check/uncheck all at once, hold down the Ctrl button when checking/unchecking a layer. If you have a selection, it will do it for all selected. If you don't, it will do it for all layers. As for organising them in a proper manner, you may need to change the legend setting "Layer order" (select Legend in Table of Contents and open Properties, and turn on/off Layer order). If Layer order is off, you should then be able to drag layers up and down in the Legend list to order them as you like. 

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA_0-1612935126979.png

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA_1-1612935141882.png

I hope that helps. 

Lindsay Raabe
GIS Officer
Forest Products Commission WA