Layout Export - "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

09-01-2020 04:21 PM
OperatorOWA
New Contributor

Hi All -

I have a project with both a 2D map and a 3D scene in ArcGIS Pro (2.6.1).  The project also contains several layouts, each of which contains a single map frame referencing the 2D map.  When I attempt to export the layout as either a PDF or image file (i.e. TIFF, JPG, PNG, etc.), I receive the following error dialogue box:

"Object reference not set to an instance of the object."

Upon acknowledging the dialogue box the Export Layout panel states "Export Failed" in red; however, no additional information or error code is provided.

I've tried adding / deleting layouts with no success.

Any thoughts on what is causing the error?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Operator OWA, 

I'm unaware of any articular issue that would result in this message. It is likely that you may be running into a bug. 

Can you contact Esri Support? They are better equipped to handle troubleshooting steps and gather bug data. They can be contacted at https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support.

Thanks, 

Tom

0 Kudos
OperatorOWA
New Contributor

Thanks Tom - I'll reach out to Esri Support!

0 Kudos
RebeccaNeo
New Contributor

Hi, I am having this exact problem when I export my map from ArcGIS Pro. May I know did you manage to resolve it?

0 Kudos
torliv01
New Contributor

Hi, I am also experiencing the same problem and need it resolved. Did you OperatorOWA manage to solve the issue or should I contact the support?

0 Kudos
JacobGaribay1
New Contributor

Same issue here, months later. My layout is very simple, but it's pulling data from a feature service- could the issue be rooted in a "faulty" attribute expression somewhere?

0 Kudos