Layers Don't Render Completely in ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
04-05-2022 07:06 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

My layers often fail to draw completely or partially. I have received no error messages about cache capacity. I've tried clearing the cache in Display settings and that did nothing. This has happened to me in multiple projects, not just in one.

Here's a screenshot of the partially drawn layers. Most of the blue should be covered by grey or white polygons:

sschmunk_0-1649167494553.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Okay - another option is to export the shapefile to a file geodatabase feature class instead of using a shapefile.  Is there a difference?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Where is the source data coming from: Enterprise Geodatabase, Feature / Map Service, etc.?

--- George T.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi George,

I'm working in a remote desktop and I'm pulling the data from a drive accessed through the remote desktop (see below for what the path looks like). Don't have an Enterprise Geodatabase. Thanks for your help!

sschmunk_0-1649174352748.png

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I'd recommend trying the Repair Geometry GP tool on your shapefile, then using the newly output feature class (either shapefile or geodatabase feature class), turn off the original one and turn on the new one.  What is the result?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just ran Repair Geometry on two of the layers that aren't rendering correctly, and it added one of the missing country polygons but that seems to be it:

sschmunk_0-1649180955831.png

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Okay - another option is to export the shapefile to a file geodatabase feature class instead of using a shapefile.  Is there a difference?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This solved the issue, thanks so much!