Select to view content in your preferred language

Join results some Null records

11-15-2023 07:58 AM
NguyetLe
Emerging Contributor

Hi, may you share your solution.

I want to join data in Arcgis Pro. However, it results some rows with null value. 

My data is:

1. Shapefile of a state with county level, join field: County, 159 rows (name row excluded)

2. Standalone table of Student enrollment by county, join field: County name, 160 rows (name row excluded). The 1 additional row is for Out of state student enrollment. 

When I validated the join, it says:

"A one - to - one join has matched 156 records.
The input table has 159 and the join table has 160 records."

After joining, it results a feature class with 159 records. However, there are 3 records with null result. 

I tried to look for solutions like:

1. Removing all spaces for both data in Excel and in Arcgis Pro:  https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/problem-unable-to-get-all-records-to-join-although-all...

2. Rename the join columns to County, format all data to numeric, except county name col.

3. Both data type of join fields is Text, which is totally matched. 

4. For 3 missing records, I manually entered the values. However, the nulls return after saving and reopening.

5. I tried to create/clone a new row using the missing records. But I am unable to duplicate the Shape Length and Shape Area values. 

The purple gaps in the attachment represent missing records, and the attribute table has one missing entry, which is represented as Null.

Can you please help me. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
0 Replies