Select to view content in your preferred language

join fields with geometry properties

a month ago
HR
by
New Contributor

In order to calculate the distance from a site to the nearest water line (euclidean distance and cost distance)   (with filters on the nearest river orders 1,2,3,4) I used the near tool to calculate the distance and identify the river ID. Then I joined in my sites table (the Id and distance in meters, so that I could relate each site to its nearest water line ID .

What I can't do is find a way to select the water lines (that are associated to the sites), and create a table from it with its geometry properties. I tried the join field tool, but it doesn't show the waterlines location.

Is there a tool to do this automatically, since I have hundreds of water lines to calculte distances, and I can't select the manually on the water line attributes table.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlfredBaldenweck
MVP Regular Contributor

I’m not sure if this is what you’re looking for exactly, but would ‘Select related records’ or ‘show related records’ work? That way you could just select the sites you want and the water lines would be selected as well, and then you could do a layer from selection or something to isolate them further. (Or a page query for a map series or something idk)

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/tables/view-related-data.htm

0 Kudos