Issues with Pro recognizing esri Coordinate Systems

03-01-2024 12:28 PM
rgeorge9935
New Contributor II

Hello,

This is my first post on this community site. Please let me know if there is a more appropriate place to post this. I am using ArcGIS Pro Version 3.2.2. I recently started noticing a strange issue happening while working with coordinate systems. The problem is simple, subtle, but creating issues with my georeferenced data. 

I am running the Project Raster tool on a DEM and choosing a listed state plane coordinate system I've used hundreds of times: Projected Coordinate System NAD 1983 (2011) StatePlane California III FIPS 0403 (US Feet) | WKID: 6420 | Authority: EPSG

When the Project Raster tool is finished, I check my DEM and it does not have the same exact coordinate system details. Under properties, the coordinate system details of the DEM does not give a WKID and the authority changes to custom. I see this all the time when I get spatial data from other applications but this has NEVER happened after I run the project tool and choose a listed CRS. It's important for me to be able to assign data the listed coordinate system that I mentioned in the above paragraph. I think it's very strange that after running the project tool, and telling Pro to use that coordinate system, that the data still does not contain the right CRS properties.

I should mention that I have downloaded esri's add-on ArcGIS Coordinate Systems Data so that I can conduct vertical datum transformations. Maybe I need to re-download this after every Pro update? Or maybe this is just a weird bug with Pro? Please let me know if anyone has any ideas or insight on this problem. 

First image shows the details of the listed CRS I am trying to apply to the DEM. The second image shows the DEM's CRS details after running the project tool. Notice there is no WKID and authority is unknown. 

Image 1:

CRS chosen for Project Raster Tool.jpg

Image 2

CRS of DEM after Project Raster Tool ran.jpg

4 Replies
jschwan
New Contributor II

I am having the same issue ever since updating to ArcGIS Pro 3.2.2. 

Pro is no longer recognizing the projected coordinate systems of orthomosaic rasters that I used to create maps in the previous version before updating. 

Has anyone found a solution?

0 Kudos
jschwan
New Contributor II

I uninstalled 3.2.2 and reinstalled 3.1.0 which solved the issue.

Admins, please give update if you read this. 

Wendy
by
New Contributor II

Crs 2163 is deprecated and 9311 is it's replacement in R, QGIS, and gdal, but it is not an option in ArcPro. I've checked for updates. Is there a fix coming?

0 Kudos
KevinGabelman
New Contributor II

I have the same issue. I think it's an issue with how projections are being applied to raster files. If I use another software (GDAL, rasterio, etc) to define the projection using EPSG code, ArcGIS Pro will recognize it. It just can't "give" it...

0 Kudos