Select to view content in your preferred language

Issues installing ArcGIS Pro 3.2

04-17-2024 12:12 PM
CSD_GIS
New Contributor II

I have been trying for two days to install ArcGIS pro on my new machine at work. It is Windows 11, meets all the requirements so we are good there. I did spend over an hour on the phone with customer support this morning uninstalling and reinstalling different versions of .NET Desktop Runtime (x64) with no luck. I then tried to install previous version of Pro thinking I might be able to update...nope.

Then I found this work around involving the Silent install. 
https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/problem-unable-to-install-arcgis-pro-even-though-micro...

I have completed steps 1-4, but when I kick off the install, I get windows install box with some msiexec commands so I am guessing i have something incorrect in my syntax.  This box just pops up, I click ok, it goes away and I'm left with a blinking cmd line again. 

CSD_GIS_0-1713380868890.png

This is the cmd line I am using.
Any help in any area to help me get this installed will be greatly appreciated.

PS C:\GIS\ArcGISPro> msiexec.exe /a \ArcGISPro.msi INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro" ADDLOCAL=Pro ALLUSERS=2 ACCEPTEULA=YES ENABLEEUEI=1 CHECKFORUPDATESATSTARTUP=1 /qb

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Eugene_Adkins
Occasional Contributor III

Only advice I can offer is to install the program as an admin user (with all of the steps) if the computer is a company device with any user restrictions. Hope that small piece of advice (which may have already been attempted) helps.

RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

I initially had similar issues, though on Windoze 10.

Even though some of the installers reported that it installed the .NET desktop runtime, it was NOT installing properly as I had previous version already installed.

The solution was to run the .NET desktop runtime installer from command line in silent mode.  This added the proper runtime to the already installed versions.

I was then able to run the Pro installer by double clicking it.

Not sure this applies, but thought I'd throw it out there.

R_

0 Kudos
CSD_GIS
New Contributor II

Does anyone have any thoughts on the cmd line script. Is anything wrong with that? It doesn't seem to be working properly.

0 Kudos
CSD_GIS
New Contributor II

ok...I was able to get it installed. The solution above in the link does indeed work, but in my case, what I found was, even though I was running msiexec from the directory where the files were I still needed to use the literal path and change the a to a I, which I was doing initially. I only added the entire path out of frustration, but I am glad I did. 

I am back in business. 

C:\GIS\ArcGISPro> msiexec.exe /i C:\GIS\ArcGISPro\ArcGISPro.msi INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro" ADDLOCAL=Pro ALLUSERS=2 ACCEPTEULA=YES ENABLEEUEI=1 CHECKFORUPDATESATSTARTUP=1 /qb

0 Kudos