ERROR 160091: The existing domain type does not match that of the updated domain. Failed to execute Add Join.

534
5
12-29-2021 09:57 AM
JaniceBaird
Occasional Contributor II

ERROR 160091: The existing domain type does not match that of the updated domain. Failed to execute Add Join.

I get this error in Pro, ModelBuilder. I am not doing anything with domains. I can successfully create a Join in my map and then drag the Add Join from history into modelbuilder. I remove the join in the map and run the join in modelbuilder. This error comes up and I have no idea what it is about. Has anyone else seen this behavior? If I leave Pro and restart it, this error may or may not go away. There is no reason for this.

 

Thanks,

Janice.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you try adding a fresh Add Join tool from the Geoprocessing pane, rather than from History?

JayantaPoddar_0-1640802650607.png

 



Think Location
0 Kudos
JaniceBaird
Occasional Contributor II

I have tried recreating the join from tools and also from history. This seems to be an intermittent error and just a scratch on the surface of many issues with ModelBuilder.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Frequent Contributor

Are both feature classes in the same geodatabase?  If not, copy the feature class from its folder into the geodatabase where the other feature class is and redo the Add Join.  What is the result?

0 Kudos
JaniceBaird
Occasional Contributor II

The feature classes that I am using are from different locations. One is in the FGDB for the project and the other is from our Enterprise GDB. The problem is intermittent and I have not run into it today. I am having many more issues with ModelBuilder and am not impressed! I am giving up on this for now.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Janice

0 Kudos
JaniceBaird
Occasional Contributor II

I decided to export my models to python and run there. The values in the Models I created were continually changing and the Models would fail. I have to admit that this is really the first time I tried using Modelbuilder in PRO and I am totally underwhelmed! I would get the models working and then the next day I would try them again and they would fail some where. I would try to fix them but could not keep up with the failures! Having the code in python is much more reliable.

0 Kudos