Select to view content in your preferred language

Issue with Definition Query for Temporal Data Layer

09-09-2024 12:49 AM
TamerAssaf
Occasional Contributor

Dear ESRI Support Team,

I am working on a project to visualize roads based on the time between a start time and an end time. To test this, I created a simple road layer before applying changes to the main feature layer. I used only time data types for the "start_time" and "end_time" fields when editing them manually from the attribute table.

In my initial attempt, I applied a definition query with the condition time_start < current_time AND current_time < time_end. This was successful when tested with a single record on one road layer. However, when applying this to a dataset with 6,000 records, applying it manually from the attribute table proved to be very difficult, and the query did not function as expected.

To address this, I created a text field and manually entered time values in the format "6:00:01 AM". I then used the "Calculate Field" tool to populate this new text field. After converting the text field back to a time field, the conversion was successful. However, the definition query still did not produce the expected results.

I have attached a screenshot for reference.

Could you please advise on how to resolve this issue and ensure that the definition query applies correctly across all records?

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,

Tamer Assafapplying definition queryapplying definition queryuse convert temporal field to convert time text  field to time onlyuse convert temporal field to convert time text field to time onlysql syntaxsql syntaxcopy time only from attribute and use in calculate field to apply for allcopy time only from attribute and use in calculate field to apply for allattributetable and layer field for layerattributetable and layer field for layerattributetable and layer field for layerattributetable and layer field for layer

0 Replies