issue using Pro with dual monitors

08-12-2015 01:41 PM
JenniferSchmidt__GISP
New Contributor

I'm having an issue where when I drag map windows in Pro to my second monitor, they will often not redraw completely and I'll have to expand them and then minimize to get them to show up correctly. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if you found a solution to it?

I used two linked maps in Pro with an extended projector display for a presentation, and as soon as I dragged the maps to the right-side display, the weird redraw quirks started.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III
0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I presume that you wanted someone to move this thread there?  If so...consider it done.

0 Kudos
JenniferSchmidt__GISP
New Contributor

Thank you! Apologies for misposting.

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

please make sure your GPU drivers are updated directly from the manufacturer's website (NOT from windows update). 

If you're still having trouble, please send details of your computer's configuration to technical support directly.  The "can you run it" readout from the "check if your system can run ArcGIS Pro" link on ArcGIS Pro system requirements—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop should be sufficient.

0 Kudos
KateLeroux1
New Contributor II

I have been having this issue too, on a middle-of-the-road desktop PC, and assumed my hardware just wasn't good enough. However, yesterday I had the chance to test ArcGIS Pro on a high-end machine with 32 GB of RAM and a NVIDIA Quadro K2200 graphics card - and this redraw issue still happened! 

For me, it's not the map but panels like Labeling, Contents, and Symbology that don't redraw properly: 

Redraw issues on second monitor (ArcGIS Pro)

It happens on a dual-display system, and only when the panels in question are on the secondary display monitor. If I swap it so my map is on the secondary monitor and these panels are on the primary, I don't see very many redraw issues.

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

We also see this on certain NVidia models (Quadro 600) in our holistic lab.  We will report it to NVidia as it appears to be a driver issue.

0 Kudos
KateLeroux1
New Contributor II

Thanks, Jeremy! My current workstation has an Intel HD Graphics 4600 and I get the same issues here. Have you seen this issue on Intel cards too? 

0 Kudos
KateLeroux1
New Contributor II

I tested this on more PCs at my office (some with NVIDIA cards and some without), and the issue seems to be a bug in Pro 1.4 on Windows 7 specifically. It doesn't occur in Pro 2.0 (beta) on Windows 7. It also doesn't occur in Pro 1.4 on Windows 10. Resizing a window in either of those scenarios is unusually jerky, but it does redraw. 

0 Kudos
JayJohnson
New Contributor III

I'm having the same issue with incomplete rendering of Pro windows on a second monitor. 

Upgraded to the latest video driver (NVIDIA Quadro K620 driver version 377.48) and that did not help.

Windows 7, Pro 2.0.

I'll send my system details to tech support.

0 Kudos