Select to view content in your preferred language

Is there ESRI documentation linking each metadata item with its path in the XML file?

11-21-2023 12:59 PM
Labels (3)
SteveK-MGIS
New Contributor

Does ESRI maintain documentation with a complete list of all the metadata items available in the metadata editor, including what each items path is in the metadata XML file?  

I'm editing metadata in ArcGIS Pro using the FGDC CSDGM style and so far I have not been able to find documentation with this information for the full list of metadata items. 

I have found this ArcMap documentation which details the process of editing FGDC CSDGM style metadata in the editor. It includes a complete listing of all the items that are available to edit, but has no information regarding how this information is tagged in the XML file.

I also found this github page that documents most of the information I am looking for. The page contains a table which shows various metadata items and what their path is in the XML file. However, this table is not complete, some of the metadata items are missing.

Is documentation with this information for the full list of items available from ESRI?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
0 Replies