Is it possible to transpose table frames from horizontal to vertical order?

Jump to solution
06-29-2021 02:03 PM
Labels (1)
AlastairKeith-Lucas
New Contributor II

I have a table frame in my map series that displays statistics about each map extent. Since the table frame is updating dynamically I only have one cell associated with each field at any given time. The typical layout, where field names are listed horizontally in a row, is therefore very awkward in appearance and takes up much more horizontal space than is necessary. Is it possible to transpose the table frame such that field names are listed horizontally, with their associated cells to the right rather than underneath? I realize that I could convert to graphics and manually rearrange the cells, but having to do so for 20+ different maps in the series would be extremely tedious and time-consuming. This seems like such a basic feature for layout, so I'm convinced I'm missing something.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AubriKinghorn
Esri Contributor

Hi!

You can't transpose a table like that without converting to graphics, but you can use table dynamic text instead. Table dynamic text will display records from an attribute or stand-alone table in your map and update dynamically. It even supports the map series row query like dynamic tables. Because it's just text, you can style it on multiple rows or any other way you'd like. You can even add static graphics behind it to give a table appearance. 

Learn more here: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/layouts/add-dynamic-text.htm (scroll to the Table Dynamic Text section).

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AubriKinghorn
Esri Contributor

Hi!

You can't transpose a table like that without converting to graphics, but you can use table dynamic text instead. Table dynamic text will display records from an attribute or stand-alone table in your map and update dynamically. It even supports the map series row query like dynamic tables. Because it's just text, you can style it on multiple rows or any other way you'd like. You can even add static graphics behind it to give a table appearance. 

Learn more here: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/layouts/add-dynamic-text.htm (scroll to the Table Dynamic Text section).

AlastairKeith-Lucas
New Contributor II

I had no idea that dynamic text could work in conjunction with a map series. This is perfect, thank you very much!