Is it possible to save projects directly to my Dropbox folder?

Jump to solution
11-29-2018 12:28 PM
BenjaminRifkin
New Contributor

I have my entire file directory set up through Dropbox. When I try to save an ArcPro project it does not give me the option to save to my Dropbox directory. This works with ArcDesktop, so I have avoided moving to Pro until I figure out how to include my projects with the rest of my files. Is there a way to save Pro projects to Dropbox?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

open file explorer and type in the address bar "\\serverName\folder\folder\"

replace serverName with the networkshare and folders with the rest of directory path... 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Ben,

I would think you would just connect to it like you would connect a new folder. Try these steps:

Connect to a folder—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
BenjaminRifkin
New Contributor

Hi Adrian, 

Unfortunately, when I open up my file directory to save the project, my Dropbox folder does not appear on the panel.

I also cannot seem to find a way to connect to my Dropbox folder when I save the project to my desktop. Maybe it has to do with configuring my drive, but the Pro interface seems to be limiting the folders that I can access.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Ben,

Is your dropbox folder listed like C:\Users\[yourname]\Dropbox?

On the insert tab, click on Add Folder

Then just navigate to that Dropbox folder:

0 Kudos
BenjaminRifkin
New Contributor

I think it is actually a networked drive, so it does not show up in my C:\ drive.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Can you find the path of the networked drive? It might be something like 168.128.0.1. \ whatever \ whatever, something like that.

0 Kudos
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

open file explorer and type in the address bar "\\serverName\folder\folder\"

replace serverName with the networkshare and folders with the rest of directory path...