Select to view content in your preferred language

Is it possible to import a ArcGIS 10.7 data interoperability ETL tool into ArcGIS Pro 2.5?

Jump to solution
08-22-2020 01:41 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am working throught the Esri Training Course on the Data Interopertability extension "Transforming Data Using Extract, Transform, and Load Processes" using the models and data prepared for ArcMap 10.7.

The course ships with training data and toolboxes with Spatial ETL tools. These open in ArcMap 10.7 as expected but they do not open in ArcGIS Pro 2.5.2.

ETL Toolboxes I have created natively in ArcGIS Pro open and work.

I am licenced for Data Interopertability on both ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro, and the extension has been installed and activated on both. I work in a company where both ArcMap and Pro are used daily, and we follow a n-1 version use. (That's why 10.7 and 2.5, not 10.8 and 2.6 if you were going to suggest I start with an upgrade)

I have seen earlier issues with the problems with co-existence of the data interoperability extension for ArcMap and Pro. Does this still exist?  I have done a repair install of Data Interoperability on Pro just to be sure, but the tools created by Esri Training for ArcMap 10.7 are still unsaleable in Pro:

• - They will not Open - throws "Tool has failed to open:. .\TransformETL\Toolboxes\BestPractices.tbx\SpatialETLTool22"
  • Cannot be edited - a silent failure, no error messaged
  • Cannot be copied in Catalog - a right-click copy and paste of a tool from the TBX created for 10.7 into the Pro TBX throws "Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component"

I looked into the option to import/export the workbenches and I can't find:

• an option to export or save-as in the ArcMap 10.7 Data Interop FME Workbench
  • an option to import any other version in the ArcGIS Pro 2.5 Data Interop FME Workbench
  • any import tool option in the Pro menus

I don't expect native support between versions, but it must be possible to migrate between versions without having to re-author workbenches from scratch?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Michael, if you're rev-locked at Pro 2.5 then to migrate ETL tools from 10.7 first open them for editing in 10.7, select all workspace contents then copy them to the clipboard.  Then create a new ETL in Pro and paste the clipboard contents into the workspace.  At Pro 2.6 your 10.7 tools should open directly.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Michael, if you're rev-locked at Pro 2.5 then to migrate ETL tools from 10.7 first open them for editing in 10.7, select all workspace contents then copy them to the clipboard.  Then create a new ETL in Pro and paste the clipboard contents into the workspace.  At Pro 2.6 your 10.7 tools should open directly.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

That worked.  Many thanks Bruce

0 Kudos