Intersect GP tool running since last six days no output yet...?

07-11-2021 09:26 AM
Labels (1)
vardansingh
New Contributor

Hello Esri,

I have create a fishnet of an area that is around 54x100 degree at a interval of 100meters. ArcGIS pro created this easily now my next step was to create intersect point for generated fishnet. I run GP tool and it has been six days is still running. It show three informative msg only, nothing else. I have attached screen shot of processing tool. Should I stop the tools or its running properly?

Thanks in advance

Regards-

Vardan Singh

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Pairwise Intersect (Analysis)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

might have been more useful since it supports a spatial index and parallel processing.

also wondering if feature vertices to points would have been faster even with the remove duplicates tool

... sort of retired...
vardansingh
New Contributor

Thanks @DanPatterson  Sir, my aim is to create point at each intersection of fishnet so that I can use the intersected point feature table for geocode the location of those points.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You have used the right parameters for the tool. The geoprocessing could be faster using the Pairwise Intersect tool as suggested by Dan.

It could be even faster within the Python environment, instead of ArcGIS Pro. See sample script in Pairwise Intersect: Parameters (Python) 

Input Line Fishnet

JayantaPoddar_0-1626026935735.png

Input Line Fishnet with Intersect Points

JayantaPoddar_1-1626026995408.png

Think Location
0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Then give pairwise intersect a shot.

Also if things are taking a long time to process have a look at this link by @KoryKramer 

Troubleshooting Performance Issues in ArcGIS Pro - Esri Community

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Tim_McGinnes
Occasional Contributor III

The Create Fishnet tool can automatically create label points at the centre of each grid cell, so just offset your original grid so that the points are in the right spot. No intersect required.

Tim_McGinnes_0-1626093251420.png

0 Kudos