Integer field domains display Codes not the Description value?

Jump to solution
05-03-2022 06:55 AM
Matt-Huser
Occasional Contributor

This is an area where it does not appear like the ArcGIS Platform plays by the same rules.  For example, in Collector and Field Maps, the user is able to see a domain drop down list that displays the Description value.  This is true for Text or Integer domains. 

When it comes to ArcGIS Pro, fields with Integer domains display only the code while editing as well as in the attribute table. This behavior is different from a Text domain where the user only sees Description while editing as well as viewing the attribute table.

Am I missing something or is this by design?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
14 Replies
User35489
Occasional Contributor III

Incorrect values in domain field caused this issue, in my case.

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Have had this issue off and on for years.  As you found out, it is normally associated with FC's with subtypes.

That is why all my text field Domains have the same Code as they do Value.  Now, I never know if it is displaying the code or the descriptions, but it is correct 🙂

R_

0 Kudos
majdi_turkman
New Contributor II

I have the same issue but I have no subtypes defined for the published layer.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
mkaburis
Esri Contributor

@Matt-Huser Can you please send a screenshot of what your Data Design>Subtypes view looks like?

0 Kudos
_RaphaëlGadbois-Langevin
New Contributor

I have the same problem where the Table View displays only the coded value (Long Integer) and not the text description....at least until I try to edit the data, at which point it does switch to the descriptions for all fields, but only for that entity.

Also no subtypes for the feature classes...

0 Kudos