Select to view content in your preferred language

Editing AGOL data in ArcPro

Jump to solution
11-28-2017 08:41 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, 

I was able to do this once before months ago and I have since had issues editing AGOL data in ArcPro.  I start by adding data to my ArcPro project from My Content in the Portal.  The data I add are all data that I own and shared as a feature service to AGOL.  My data displays in ArcPro, but I am unable to do the live editing on the data that I was once able to do.  See the screenshot below for the error message I receive.  I have been unable to find any help documents that address this.  Have I missed a step perhaps in making this data editable in ArcPro?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samantha,

Can you check the editing settings for that feature layer on agol. See if you can edit the layer through the online map viewer too.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

why do you have two layers the same in the table of contents?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the original layer (the one saved to my computer) open when I made the screen grab.  It gives me the same error whether or not any other layers are in my map with the AGOL layer.  The layer with the error is the AGOL layer. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samantha,

Can you check the editing settings for that feature layer on agol. See if you can edit the layer through the online map viewer too.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Sean, I tried that this morning and now it is working.  It was still giving me that error message even after I turned on editing in AGOL but now it appears to be working and letting me edit in ArcPro.  

0 Kudos
TomKukitz
New Contributor III

I have the same issues with editing utilities with AGO layers. It seems every there is a Pro update something else doesn't work. Editing in Pro it takes twice if not 10x longer than editing in ArcMap. And the Editing toolbar is not customizable so I am stuck with whatever the developers put on it. And what's with the Lasso being the default selection tool while editing, this isn't CAD. I am so discussed with ArcPro's editing capabilities that I do most in ArcMap with Attribute Assistant, because Attribute Rules don't work with AGO in Pro. ArcMap is so much faster and so much easier to edit. I have been begging to have edit vertices start with a double click on a feature. It seems as though the developers don't understand how editing works. ArcPro gets stuck, moves things and then undoes the move. And the MS Ribbon toolbars is a disaster, slows editing down so much while it's constantly changing. While your constantly clicking to find something. So sad Esri doesn't care about the veteran GIS pros! Taking away ArcMap and forcing us to use this software is just wrong! I may be retiring when ArcMap does! Viva La ArcMap!

0 Kudos