Import color color ramps from vector & raster (non Arc Style format) files

03-08-2024 01:25 PM
KeithAddison1
Occasional Contributor III

I am trying to make use of the color ramps available on this site:

http://soliton.vm.bytemark.co.uk/pub/cpt-city/index.html

They are available in the following formats:

cpt, c3g, ggr, gpf, inc, map, pg, psp, qgs, sao & svg.

Is there any way to import these into a Pro style files (or by any other means) so I can use them in ArcGIS Pro?

4 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

ArcGIS Pro does support the *.svg format and it appears you can import svgs to a style using this GitHub sample here.

0 Kudos
KeithAddison1

The 3.0 version doesn't seem to work with 3.2.2.  Add-in successfully installs, I pick the folder with the svg I want and it makes a new STYLX file, which I add through catalog.  But the color ramp doesn't show up, I check show all.  Is there any way to tell if the STYLX actually contains anything besides attempting to load it?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

One way to check if anything is contained in the new *.stylx file, you can open the Catalog View from the View core tab, go to the Styles folder, click the newly added style file and you'll see all the Style Classes (points, polygons, color schemes and such).  Is anything there?

0 Kudos
KeithAddison1

There is, it picked it up as a point symbol.  Here is what the svg file looks like when opened in AI

KeithAddison1_0-1710171883607.png

I used the import point symbol to see what exactly it picked up, here's the point symbol it grabbed:

KeithAddison1_1-1710172036689.png

Right now I'm fumbling around in AI seeing if I can get rid of the white space & border since that seems to be confusing things.

0 Kudos