Image Transparency Issue While Exporting To PDF - ArcGIS Pro

09-26-2017 08:03 AM
SeanFadum1
New Contributor III

Hi,

When I apply a transparency to a raster image (ie. an airphoto) and export my layout in ArcGIS Pro to PDF, strange lines appear in the image (almost like the software is tiling it).  If I remove the transparency, then the export is fine. I have tried adjusting the DPI during the export and printing directly to PDF, with no luck.

Has anyone else had this issue... and if so is there a fix?  I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.0.1.

Thanks,

Sean

Tags (1)
75 Replies
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

more detail would be appreciated - 

1. what error message do you get from Adobe Acrobat

2. What version of ArcGIS Pro did you export from?  

3. Have you contacted Esri Support about the above errors you're receiving?

0 Kudos
MarcelSt-Germain
Occasional Contributor III

1 - error 135

2- Pro 2.3 an erlier,  haven't time to check again in 2.4

3- Yes write a message to Esri Support to report the bug

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Marcel,

I checked with support folks and they don't have any incidents in your name since 2017.  Did you receive a reply with an incident number when you emailed this to support?

0 Kudos
MarcelSt-Germain

No, just use the support email link but, no comeback.  Maybe, the link to report a bug in the Pro help, was not the right one.  Since I found a workaroud I haven't push more.

Do you have the right place to send bug.

Waiting to the upgrade of win 7 to win 10.

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Esri Canada's tech support contact page is https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support#ca

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Just to update the thread:

Our developer Rajeev Pahuja who was in contact with Adobe analyst Dov Isaacs did receive a reply from Dov - the delay was because he's out of the office right now. 

In his reply Dov acknowledged that they were able to reproduce the issue and "the problem is actively being investigated".  His reply also indicated that Dov is not certain on the timeline of an update or fix but indicated it will likely be closer to the end of this year.

We've additionally asked for an incident or error report number so we can refer to the issue in the future, I will update the thread when we hear back from them.

Regards,

Jeremy W.

MarcelSt-Germain

Thanks,  hope for a solution soon.

By the way, I use the .com for reporting the bug since in the canadian one I found no bug report link.  

0 Kudos
MarcelSt-Germain

Finally, found the problem, for us anyway.  We make symbol via Corel Draw.  They work fine with all software except Acrobat after an export Pro.  We redo them with a font maker software and now, no more problem reading them in Acrobat.

BlairDeaver3
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Jeremy for the update.  I really appreciate it.  I will stay posted for an update on the issue and hope for a fix so we can finally make the switch to Pro.  We can't wait!

0 Kudos
BlairDeaver3
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jeremy,

Sorry to keep pestering on this topic.  Do you have any update from Adobe?  Thanks.

Cheers,
Blair

0 Kudos